Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Will you do it for me?

So, we all have those people in our lives.  The ones that rub us the wrong way, that we don’t like, that don’t like us that have been unkind to us.  Our instinct is to cut them off, not be kind to them, not treat them well, ignore them, avoid them. He hurt me, she said this about me, and she was mean to me.  Why should I be nice to her? Why should I be the one? Why me? Why me? Why do I have to change?

 

Oh how we resist! I don’t want to! I don’t want to be nice! That person drives me crazy. I can’t stand her.  Do you know what she did to me? Do you know what she said? He hurt my feelings. He treated me wrong. He got me in trouble with my boss…it goes on and on.

 

Why can’t we just forgive? Why can’t we repay evil with good? Why do we want to act the same way they do? Aren’t we different? Isn’t Jesus Lord of our lives? Do we not have the Holy Spirit living in us?

 

I can see Jesus. He says, ‘I know you don’t want to. I know you don’t feel like it, but will you do it for ME? For Me? ‘ He holds out His scarred hand to me, He has such love on His face, He says, “Will you do it for Me?” 

 

How can I deny Him? How can I say no to the ONE who gave everything? I know it was for HIS Glory. But what price He paid that I might live.

And I know I should.  But I don’t want to, so maybe I won’t.  What is wrong with me? Why? Why? What is it in me that would refuse Him?

 

God, help me! I need so much more of You and so much less of me.

 

Lord, be Lord of my life, I must lay it down.  I need You to change me. Transform my mind, my heart, my spirit, into the Image of YOU.  Help me to hide Your Word in my heart, so that I will not sin against you. I am rebellious. Lord, forgive me.  Why am I disobedient? Why? I hate it! I want to do Your Will! Why do I run from You? What makes it so hard for me? It’s me. That is it. My self.  My pride.

 

Please Brothers, Please Sisters, pray for me.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment